This straightforward home made BBQ sauce recipe is nice, tangy, and seasoned to perfection with a flavorful mixture of spices. Nice for summer time grilling!
It’s grilling season! If you happen to don’t have already got a go-to BBQ sauce recipe up your sleeve, let me introduce you to mine.
This straightforward home made BBQ sauce is nice and tangy, with a smoky, savory kick from spices like cumin and smoked paprika. It comes collectively tremendous shortly (we’re speaking 20 minutes on the range!), and a batch will preserve within the fridge for a few weeks. We love having it readily available to jazz up no matter we’re grilling!
Selfmade BBQ Sauce Recipe Elements
After dwelling in Austin for a few years, I’ll be the primary to confess that BBQ sauce may be controversial. Do you want yours tomatoey? Vinegary? Or syrupy and candy from molasses?
I wouldn’t name this barbecue sauce recipe an genuine tackle any of the regional barbecue sauce variations within the US, however due to its thicker consistency and tomato base, it’s nearer to a Kansas Metropolis-style sauce than, say, a Texas one. Right here’s what’s in it:
- Ketchup – It provides the sauce its easy, silky texture.
- Apple cider vinegar – I like my barbecue sauce tangy, so I don’t maintain again on the vinegar! I really like its zingy kick.
- Water – It loosens the sauce in order that it’s not too thick or gloopy.
- Brown sugar – For sweetness. The notes of molasses are key for giving this sauce traditional BBQ taste.
- Tamari – Worcestershire sauce is a typical ingredient in lots of conventional barbecue sauce recipes. For a vegetarian-friendly various, I exchange it with tamari. It supplies an identical savory taste, and I all the time have it readily available! If you happen to’re not gluten-free, soy sauce works too.
- Yellow mustard – It provides slightly chew and amplifies the tangy vinegar.
- Garlic powder and onion powder – For additional umami.
- Floor cumin – For earthy depth.
- Smoked paprika – It makes the sauce style wealthy and smoky.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
For spicy BBQ sauce, add a pinch of cayenne pepper, a splash of scorching sauce, or 1 to 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce from a can of chipotles.
Learn how to Make BBQ Sauce
My methodology for the way to make BBQ sauce is tremendous fast and simple!
- Mix all of the components in a medium saucepan.
- Deliver the sauce to a simmer over medium warmth. Then, scale back the warmth to low.
- Prepare dinner, stirring typically, till the sauce has thickened, about 20 minutes.
That’s it! Style and alter the sauce to your liking earlier than utilizing it in your favourite BBQ recipes.
Learn how to Use Barbecue Sauce
Although BBQ sauce is historically used on meat dishes like rooster wings, pulled pork, and ribs, these are removed from the one methods to make use of it!
How do you want to make use of home made BBQ sauce? Let me know within the feedback!
Learn how to Retailer Selfmade Barbecue Sauce
The sauce will preserve nicely in a Mason jar or different hermetic container within the fridge for as much as two weeks.
For longer storage, freeze it for as much as 3 months. Switch frozen sauce to the fridge to thaw in a single day.
Extra Favourite Sauce Recipes
If you happen to love this home made BBQ sauce recipe, strive one in all these straightforward sauces subsequent:
Selfmade BBQ Sauce
This home made BBQ sauce recipe has an ideal steadiness of candy, tangy, smoky, and savory flavors. It is tremendous straightforward to make, and it retains within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.
In a medium saucepan, mix the ketchup, vinegar, water, brown sugar, tamari, mustard, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
Deliver to a simmer over medium warmth, then scale back the warmth to low and simmer, stirring typically, for 20 minutes, or till thickened. Season to style and retailer within the fridge for as much as 2 weeks.