This mango salad recipe is about to develop into your favourite summer time aspect dish! It is vibrant and refreshing, made with recent herbs and a zesty lime dressing.
This mango salad recipe is all the things I need in a summer time aspect dish. It has a brief record of recent components, you’ll be able to toss it collectively in 20 minutes, and it’s sooo vibrant and refreshing.
I really like the number of textures and flavors on this dish. The mango is nice and slippery, and if you chew into it, it’s virtually creamy. I accent it with crisp bell peppers and purple onion, plus jalapeños for a kick of warmth. Peanuts add crunch, and a zesty lime dressing ties the entire thing collectively. Beneficiant handfuls of recent herbs (suppose spicy basil and cooling mint) take it everywhere in the prime.
This mango salad recipe can be a daring different to an everyday fruit salad at a summer time gathering, however it’s too good to only save for particular events. Make it as a aspect dish for any weeknight dinner. You’ll love the burst of freshness it brings to your meal.
Mango Salad Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this mango salad recipe:
- Mango, in fact! Any selection will work, however I particularly love yellow mangos, additionally referred to as Ataulfo mangos. They’ve a scrumptious creamy texture and tart, honey-like taste.
- Crimson bell pepper and purple onion – For crunch.
- Jalapeño – For warmth.
- Contemporary basil and mint – They make this salad so aromatic, flavorful, and recent! Cilantro can be nice right here too.
- Toasted peanuts – For nutty richness and crunch. Don’t do peanuts? Toasted cashews can be a yummy substitute.
- Contemporary lime juice – It makes the mango salad dressing zingy and vibrant.
- Tamari or soy sauce – It provides salty, savory taste to the dressing. Be sure to make use of licensed gluten-free tamari for those who want this recipe to be gluten-free.
- Avocado oil – It provides the dressing physique and richness. Sub one other impartial oil for those who don’t maintain avocado oil readily available.
- Honey – It sweetens the dressing. Agave nectar is a good vegan sub!
- Contemporary ginger – It provides the dressing a refreshing, peppery kick.
- And sea salt – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The way to Minimize a Mango
I even have a information to how to cut a mango in its personal weblog submit, however the methodology I take advantage of for this salad is just a little completely different. As an alternative of utilizing diced mango right here, I minimize the fruit into skinny strips that mimic the form of the peppers and purple onion.
You could have two choices for a way to do that:
- Peel the mango first. Gently take away the pores and skin with a vegetable peeler. Then, use a pointy knife to chop the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. You’ll find yourself with two massive planks and two small planks of fruit. Rigorously minimize them into skinny strips.
- Don’t peel it. Begin by reducing the flesh off the 4 sides of the pit. Then place the fruit, pores and skin aspect down, in your reducing board. Rating the fruit into skinny strips, reducing right down to, however not via, the pores and skin. Slice horizontally between the fruit and the pores and skin to launch the mango strips.
Mango Salad Recipe Ideas
- Use ripe mangos. Inexperienced mango, or unripe mango, is usually utilized in Thai mango salad and different dishes in Indian, Southeast Asian, and Thai delicacies. Whereas this recipe actually attracts inspiration from Thai mango salad, it’s not meant to be an genuine model. This mango salad is finest with ripe mangos. Notice that relying on the place you reside, you won’t be capable to discover ripe mangos at your farmers market or grocery retailer. If you happen to can’t, decide up a pair unripe ones and go away them in your counter for just a few days. After they’re tender and aromatic, make this mango salad recipe!
- Modify the warmth to style. Not a fan of spicy meals? Merely omit the jalapeño! Or, for those who’d wish to reasonable—however not completely get rid of—the warmth, you might use half a pepper as an alternative of a complete one. You would additionally take away the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño earlier than including it to the salad.
- Get forward. You may completely make this mango salad recipe forward of time for a potluck or picnic. Simply wait so as to add the herbs and peanuts till you’re able to serve. That means, the herbs will keep lush and inexperienced and the peanuts will retain their crunch.
The way to Serve Mango Salad
This mango salad recipe is an excellent summer time aspect dish! Pair it with…
A scoop of this mango salad would even be an important addition to a grain bowl. Pair it with black beans or grilled halloumi cheese, rice, avocado, and thinly sliced English cucumber. High it off with a drizzle of cilantro lime dressing or a squeeze of lime juice.
Take pleasure in!
Extra Contemporary Salad Recipes
If you happen to love this mango salad, attempt one among these recent salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
This mango salad recipe is a vibrant, refreshing summer time aspect dish! Candy, juicy mango mingles with crisp purple peppers, spicy jalapeños, and recent herbs. A zesty lime dressing ties all of it collectively.
- 3 medium or 2 massive ripe mangos, peeled and sliced into strips
- 1 purple bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into skinny strips
- ¼ medium purple onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups blended recent basil and mint leaves, reserve some for garnish
- ½ cup chopped, toasted peanuts, reserve some for garnish
In a big bowl, toss collectively the mango, purple pepper, onion, and jalapeño.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the lime juice, avocado oil, tamari, honey, ginger, and salt.
Pour the dressing over the mango salad and toss. Add the herbs and peanuts and toss once more. Season to style, garnish with the reserved herbs and peanuts, and serve instantly.