Ever tried artichoke in lasagna? If not, you’ve been lacking out. This vegetarian recipe is freshly flavored, hearty and tacky, however not too heavy. It’s a fabulous possibility for date evening at residence or a particular Sunday dinner.
This spinach and artichoke lasagna recipe has been one in all my private favorites for almost a decade, and it has raving evaluations. As we speak, I’m sharing it once more with new images and a step-by-step video. You’ll additionally discover loads of serving recommendations beneath to spherical out your meal.
I initially created this recipe for our buddy Scott. He got here to the weblog on the lookout for a lasagna recipe to prepare dinner for his spouse, Sara, and I had nothing to supply! This recipe shaped the spine for my Best Vegetable Lasagna and Vegan Lasagna, so when you have loved these, you’ll actually love this one.
This recipe taught me the fantastic thing about no-boil lasagna noodles, that are a lot simpler and faster to work with. It additionally includes a easy, no-cook, diced tomato sauce with basil and garlic that tastes so recent. Attempt it, and also you’ll see!
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Notes & Suggestions
You’ll discover the complete recipe beneath. Listed below are just a few ideas and choices to pay attention to earlier than you get began.
- This recipe is designed for no-boil lasagna noodles, which saves just a few steps and makes for simpler layering.
- I used cottage cheese on this recipe as a substitute of the traditional ricotta. It’s a bit of trick I discovered from America’s Check Kitchen (they’re filled with tips!). Cottage cheese has a greater taste and texture than ricotta in relation to lasagna. I’m not a fan of cottage cheese by itself, nevertheless it’s excellent on this recipe!
- If you’re in a pinch for time, you would substitute store-bought sauce for the selfmade sauce beneath.
- You could possibly additionally get by with frozen spinach as a substitute of recent, however the recent spinach taste actually performs properly with the fresh-tasting tomato sauce.
- Should you don’t love artichokes or can’t discover any, you may skip them altogether for a traditional and scrumptious spinach lasagna recipe.
- The recipe beneath makes heavy use of a meals processor, however for those who don’t have one, you need to use a blender.
- Should you don’t have a meals processor or blender, purchase crushed tomatoes as a substitute of diced, skip the blended cottage cheese step and chop the spinach combination after it’s executed cooking.
Watch Make Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna Serving Recommendations
Whereas this lasagna already gives a serving of hearty greens, I at all times love a salad with lasagna. The most straightforward facet salad choices embrace this Lemony Kale Salad or Super Simple Arugula Salad. Or, improvise your personal with my Italian Dressing or Lemon Vinaigrette. For an American Italian restaurant-style dinner, make my Homemade Caesar Salad or Vegetarian Italian Chopped Salad. This Honey Mustard Brussels Sprout Slaw is an unconventional possibility.
Different facet dish choices embrace inexperienced beans—attempt these Best Ever Green Beans, Perfect Roasted Green Beans, or maybe your finest wager is that this stovetop recipe for Green Bean Salad with Toasted Almonds and Feta (I believe the Mediterranean flavors would complement the spinach and artichoke).
Should you’re not within the temper for inexperienced beans, attempt Perfect Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Parmesan Roasted Broccoli with Balsamic Drizzle or Perfect Roasted Asparagus when asparagus is in season (springtime).
For date evening at residence, you would finish the meal with a particular dessert. I really like Betty’s Pots de Crème for the small portion and wealthy taste. Foolproof Basque Cheesecake tastes wonderful, and it’s finest made prematurely. For simply two individuals, attempt these chocolatey Mini Lava Cakes for Two!
Extra Hearty Italian Recipes to Attempt
Right here’s a brief assortment of tacky baked Italian dishes. Browse extra Italian recipes here.
Please let me know the way your lasagna seems within the feedback! I really like listening to from you.
Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 50 minutes
- Whole Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 12 servings 1x
- Class: Principal
- Technique: Baked
- Delicacies: Italian
- Weight-reduction plan: Vegetarian
This wholesome vegetarian spinach lasagna consists of a number of recent spinach, jarred artichokes and the only selfmade tomato sauce. This lasagna tastes even higher the subsequent day! Recipe yields one 9-inch sq. lasagna, which is sufficient for 8 to 9 servings.
Tomato sauce (or substitute 2 cups ready marinara sauce)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup roughly chopped recent basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crimson pepper flakes
Spinach artichoke combination
- 2 cups (16 ounces) low fats cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped crimson onion (about 1 smallish crimson onion)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 cup jarred or defrosted frozen artichokes, drained (merely omit for a traditional spinach lasagna), quartered if crucial
- 12 ounces child spinach, ideally natural
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
Remaining lasagna components
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups (5 ounces) shredded fontina cheese or low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella
- Garnish: sprinkling of further chopped recent basil
- Preheat oven to 425 levels Fahrenheit. To organize the tomato sauce, first pour the tomatoes right into a mesh sieve or high-quality colander and allow them to drain off extra juice for a minute. Switch drained tomatoes to the bowl of a meals processor. Add the basil, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Pulse the combination about 10 occasions, till the tomatoes have damaged all the way down to an simply spreadable consistency. Pour the combination right into a bowl for later (it is best to have about 2 cups sauce).
- Rinse out the meals processor and return it to the machine. Pour half of the cottage cheese (1 cup) into the processor and mix it till clean, about 1 minute. Switch the combination to giant mixing bowl. No must rinse out the bowl of the meals processor this time; simply put it again onto the machine since you’ll want it later.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil a big skillet over medium warmth. As soon as the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion and ¼ teaspoon salt. Prepare dinner, stirring usually, till the onion is tender and translucent, about 4 to five minutes. Add the garlic and prepare dinner, stirring continually, till aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the artichoke to the skillet, then add just a few giant handfuls of spinach. Prepare dinner, stirring and tossing regularly, till the spinach has wilted. Repeat with remaining spinach. Proceed cooking for about 12 minutes, stirring regularly, till the spinach has dramatically lowered in quantity and little or no moisture stays within the backside of the pan.
- Switch the spinach artichoke combination to the bowl of the meals processor and pulse till the contents are finely chopped (however not puréed!), about 12 to fifteen occasions. Switch the combination to the bowl of whipped cottage cheese. High with remaining cottage cheese and blend properly. Season to style with salt and pepper. Now it’s lasagna meeting time!
- Unfold ½ cup tomato sauce evenly over the underside of a 9-inch sq. baker. Layer three lasagna noodles on prime, overlapping their edges as crucial. Unfold half of the spinach combination evenly over the noodles. High with ½ cup tomato sauce, then sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on prime.
- High with three extra noodles, adopted by the remaining spinach combination. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on prime. (We’re skipping the tomato sauce on this layer.) High with three extra noodles, then unfold the remaining tomato sauce excessive so the noodles are evenly coated. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Wrap the lasagna with a layer of parchment paper excessive (or cowl tightly with aluminum foil, however don’t let the foil contact the cheese). Bake, coated, for 18 minutes, then take away the quilt, rotate the pan by 180 levels and proceed cooking for about 12 extra minutes, till the highest is popping spotty brown. Take away from oven and let the lasagna cool for quarter-hour earlier than sprinkling with chopped basil and slicing.
▸ Diet Info
Did you make this recipe?